Ladies and Gentlemen........Today is a very exciting day. So exciting I had to write about it today, at work. Don't worry people, this is way more important!
First off, I wanted to give a shout out to my fellow Gartz Family and Cooley Family. The Gartz family gave us a wonderful baby couples shower and went above and beyond to make this day special. And a special thanks to the Cooley's for driving all that way to participate in the festivities. It was enjoyable watching Brett and Crystal running around making sure Chase did not get into something he shouldn't. Man he is an explorer. He was into everything! Secondly, I have to say I was a tad bit disappointed with the attendance for our past shower. And that's all I have to say about that. We are bringing a little girl in this world and that is all that matters as of late.
So today is a big day for us because we go in for our final ultrasound. Along with this ultrasound, I believe there are some other tests or measurements to show the size of our baby girl. We will get a better idea if Christina will be induced or have a natural baby birth. We are both anxious to see what she will look like because we haven't seen her in quite a long time. My advice to those of you going through pregnancy or thinking about it is this: Take your own blank DVD to record your ultrasound. The doctor's office will not provide a DVD every time you get an ultrasound.
I would like to take a minute to talk about my wonderful wife. Lately, she has been such a pleasure to live with. I know, you are wondering "she wasn't a pleasure to live with before?" She was a pleasure to live with, but I was doing a lot of chores around the house and it was getting tiresome. I was in need of some help. Seems like lately she has stepped it up and has been telling ME that we need to keep this house nice and neat. I am like, "Heck Yea, that's my kind of woman!" But in all seriousness, Christina has been such a breath of fresh air. To be able to carry our child for 9-10 months, always keep an uplifting attitude, a desire to make sure our baby has everything she needs, and continue to go to work day in and day out is really remarkable. I am truly blessed to be involved with such a respected and classy woman. She brightens my evenings when I get home from a torturous drive from work with a smile from ear to ear and a happy, loving spirit. We make each other laugh always and I hope this continues to be shared with not only our friends and family, but with one another and our baby Brynley. Christina inspires me to be a better person and with her by my side, I know this is an easy and attainable feat. Though not all moments are sweet and joyful. We do share disagreements that ultimately leave us not speaking to one another for quite some time. But it's her who always makes sure that we don't stay mad at each other. Why should we, between now and April 25th we could be newly parents about to have out life turned upside down. We both welcome this challenge and are open arms for anyone who wants to give advice or babysit. :)
So my blog today comes from excitement, love, and an eagerness to see our soon-to-be baby girl. This will be a life changing event for myself for I will be a proud Daddy soon and will not have one clue as to how to raise her. But I have a "rock" living under the same roof and have complete confidence that this "rock" will be the strength that keeps this family working and in order. That rock is Christina. Thank you love for doing what you do and for who you are. Until then, PEACE!
Don't underestimate yourself, Sam!! You will be a GREAT dad! You may think you don't/won't know what to do but I promise you, when the time comes, the decisions you have to make will either FEEL right or wrong. You'll reflect back to a similar situation and It is then you will make that crucial decision. That's the hardest part about being a parent. Doing what is in the child's best interest (Brynley in this case). I have no doubt about your ability to be a perfect father but some motherly advice here.....better learn that little 2-letter word..get used to saying it...you're gonna need it! Much Love, MOM
ReplyDelete