Hello world! I've taken over Sam's daddy blog and I'm attempting to start blogging. I kept trying to decide what the best way would be for me to share all of Brynley's stories and a friend suggested I blog. So I figure I'll give it a shot! I probably have some catching up to do...it looks like the last blog Sam posted was our 2011 Christmas card featuring our precious girl! Those were her 6 month professional photos and a lot has happened since then! Here is the run down:
6 months: Brynley says "da-da" for the first time and its official her first word is "dada".... Sad day for this mommy! She also began scooting across the floor which then turned into a full on army crawl that is speedy Gonzales fast! Which then moved into her transitioning from scooting to sitting on her butt! It amazes me how many changes occur is such little time! We celebrated Halloween and our princess was no other than, a princess! She was Belle from Beauty and the Beast (her favorite movie)! We also had our first big fall this month...it was all my fault and I wont go into detail but I will say that I have considered putting her in a plastic bubble to live! I know, I know! It happens...so I guess I'll just invest in some ice packs and band aids because with her on the move falls and "booboos" are inevitable!
7 months: We went from the army crawl to crawling in no time! The next thing I know she is attempting to pull herself up on anything and everything around her! Be it the ottoman, entertainment center, couch, etc! This girl is a mess and she isn't even walking yet! Not only will she pull herself up but she is attempting to balance too as she will let go of whatever it is she was holding onto! Usually she falls graciously on to the floor but occasionally I have to pull out the icepack or wipe away a few tears....Thanksgiving came and went and our family had MUCH to be thankful for. We were able to celebrate with both families and it was so nice! An unimaginable amount of love overwhelms us when we spend time with our families and it was a beautiful thing :) We are very blessed to have that much love supporting us and baby B too! This month I noticed that her bangs were getting a little long so I decided to give her a trim...bad idea! It looked very much like I had used a bowl to guide my cut and she looked silly for a few days :) Her next trim will definitely be by a professional! Sam worked some funky hours this month and Brynley and I decided to have a sleepover at my parent's house! It was nice to spend the evening and night with them and meet Sam in the morning. This ended up being a good idea because he was able to get the rest he needed and we were able to spend some quality time with Cappy and Gigi! Since it was the Christmas season we decided to take Bryn to her first Parade of Lights in Cy Fair. It was so much fun and it being able to share these moments with our daughter is like reliving childhood all over again..only better! Seeing her face light up at the lights and seeing what she noticed and heard was so much fun! It is definitely a tradition we'd like to continue. The last major event of this month is she started to attempt to say "mama"! It sounds more like "mmmmmmaaa- mmmmmmaaa" but hey! I'll take what I can get :) As far as I'm concerned, she's said her second word!
Now that you are all caught up on the big events of the past 2 months I can tell you that Brynley is eating 4-5 bottles a day, plus one veggie and one fruit puree. She will eat any veggie or fruit, expect pees. For some reason those never fancied her! She LOVES all the Gerber snacks like the puffs, yogurt bites and cookies :) These treats are lifesavers if we are out at a restaurant or at the store!
Miss priss is such a happy baby! People ask me all the time if she ever cries...the answer is OH YESS! but for the most part she is a pretty happy kid! I would like to think that her dad and I have something to do with that, because we pretty much laugh 99.9% of the time we are together but then again, what do I know?? All I can say is that we feel pretty darn blessed to have a happy, healthy baby girl and all I can do is thank God each and every day for giving her to us.
Thanks for reading! I look forward to posting again soon!
Christina
where are all the posts?? :)
ReplyDelete